First off, this is very easy to make. Very little clean up thanks to the paper. The fish was tender and moist, and full of flavor. Great lemon flavor, but not too overpowering. I felt like a pro serving my family the fish in cool little paper packets. I might use a little more salsa next time. I purchased the salsa, just a chunky mild salsa. We ended up salting the artichokes while eating, so I might season them a little before hand. Great recipe, easy to make. It did take closer to 20-25 minutes to cook. Will make again for sure. My 5 year old all of his, and 2 year old ate 3/4 of hers. So overall very good.
Lemon-Artichoke Halibut en Papillote
En papillote is the French term for food baked in a parchment paper packet. Steam trapped inside the packet gently cooks the fish as the other ingredients meld into an intensely flavorful, chunky vegetable sauce. Serve the dish with crusty French bread.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 37.3g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 19mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa, divided
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Pat fillets dry with a paper towel; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- 3. Cut 4 (15-inch) squares of parchment paper. Fold each square in half; open each. Divide shallot evenly among squares, placing near fold; top each with 1 fillet and 1 tablespoon salsa. Divide artichoke hearts and lemon slices evenly over fillets. Fold paper; seal edges well with narrow folds. Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 140° to 145° when inserted through the paper into the fish. Place 1 packet on each of 4 plates; cut open. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes