- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 8 oz. each), rinsed, dried, and pounded to an even thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- calories 437
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- protein 57 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 11 g
- carbohydrate 6.6 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- sodium 600 mg
- cholesterol 184 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. In a 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add chicken in batches and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a 9- by 13-inch baking dish and add artichoke hearts.
Add sherry, lemon peel, and lemon juice to remaining butter in frying pan; stir over medium heat until well blended and hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream and stir. Remove from heat and pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake until sauce is bubbling and golden brown on top, 20 to 25 minutes.