Alhough we enjoyed this recipe we thought the minced onion over-powered the lemon flavor. Next time I will use only 1 or 2 teaspoons of onion. It is also a huge recipe. It says serves four but we thought 10 to 12 servings at about 1/2 cup each would have been more accurate. I plan to make this again.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1 small cabbage, shredded (8 cups)
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine cabbage, apples, and carrots in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; toss with cabbage mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This