- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed*
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup roasted whole almonds, chopped
- calories 143
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- fat 9.7 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 4.9 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 4.3 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 5.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 224 mg
- calcium 102 mg
How to Make It
Cook beans in boiling water to cover 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add green beans, dill, and next 3 ingredients; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; sprinkle evenly with almonds.
*2 (16-ounce) packages frozen green beans may be substituted for fresh.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Planters Salted Almonds.