Definately a keeper...I added crushed almonds to the top before baking and doubled almond extract to a full teaspoon and this it turned out perfect!Looks exactly like the pic for Lemon tea bread..pretty and tastes awesome!
Lemon-Almond Tea Bread
Yield: Makes 1 (8-inch) loaf
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating at low speed just until blended, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon rind and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Spoon batter into greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spoon evenly over top of bread, letting excess drip down sides. Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon lemon rind and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; sprinkle on top of bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads