The only reason this did not get 5 stars is that the crumb crust was very crumbly and hard to keep together. I did use low-fat vanilla wafers, and that may have made a difference, but I did have a hard time removing them from the pans without the crust falling apart. Other than that, they were wonderful! The taste is fabulous (and I even overbaked them by accident) and the texture terrific. Even my picky husband thought they were great. I served them at a small luncheon and everyone wanted the recipe! I will do some adjustment on the crust and will definitely make them again.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- Vanilla Wafer Crusts
- 75 vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Lemon-Almond Filling
- 1 (7-oz.) package almond paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup lemon curd
- 2 (6-oz.) packages fresh raspberries
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Prepare Crusts: Preheat oven to 350°. Pulse vanilla wafers in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until finely crushed. Stir together crushed wafers, powdered sugar, and butter in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture on bottom and up sides of 6 lightly greased 4-inch tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare Filling: Reduce oven temperature to 325°. Beat almond paste and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Pour mixture into crusts.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 18 to 20 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown around edges. Let cool on a wire rack 30 minutes. Spread 1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon curd onto each tart. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. Remove tarts from pans, and top with raspberries just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Find almond paste in the baking aisle, either in a tube-shaped plastic wrapper (which we call for in this recipe) or a can. If you find it only in a can, use 3/4 cup. We tested with Odense Pure Almond Paste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note