Prepared these green beans for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, and they were delightful! I used fresh green beans rather than frozen, and was careful not to overcook them. The lemon zest provided just the right amount of citrus without being over-lemony. Needed to add just a touch more salt at the table. Could have used fewer almonds, but perhaps my quantity of fresh beans did not quite equal the specified amount of frozen. Just finished the leftovers and they were amazing -- even better than yesterday. Will most definitely make these again.
Lemon-Almond Green Beans
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14-ounce) packages frozen whole green beans
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add 6 thinly sliced green onions, and saute 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Add 2 (14-ounce) packages frozen whole green beans, 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind and 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables