This recipe is wonderful, so easy to make. I baked it for my family and I am planning on baking another ham for Thanksgiving.
Lela's Baked Ham
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
3 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 (8-lb.) smoked, ready-to-cook, bone-in ham
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cola soft drink
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Garnish: fresh sage sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. If necessary, trim skin or excess fat from ham. Stir together brown sugar and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Brush half of glaze over ham. Wrap ham tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place in a foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake ham at 350° for 2 hours and 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into ham registers 148°. Uncover ham and brush with remaining glaze. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving dish; let stand 20 minutes. Skim fat from pan drippings, and serve with ham. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note