This recipe is wonderful, so easy to make. I baked it for my family and I am planning on baking another ham for Thanksgiving.
Lela's Baked Ham
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
3 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 (8-lb.) smoked, ready-to-cook, bone-in ham
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cola soft drink
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Garnish: fresh sage sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. If necessary, trim skin or excess fat from ham. Stir together brown sugar and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Brush half of glaze over ham. Wrap ham tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place in a foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake ham at 350° for 2 hours and 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into ham registers 148°. Uncover ham and brush with remaining glaze. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving dish; let stand 20 minutes. Skim fat from pan drippings, and serve with ham. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes