Leeks and Peppers with Linguine
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated linguine, uncooked
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Remove and discard green tops from leeks. Cut white portions in half lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Sauté leek and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in linguine and parsley; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note