Leeks and Peppers with Linguine
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated linguine, uncooked
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Remove and discard green tops from leeks. Cut white portions in half lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Sauté leek and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in linguine and parsley; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes