Leek Vegetable Soup
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) chopped sweet white onion
- 2 cup(s) diced carrots
- 1 pound(s) leeks trimmed, soaked, rinsed & diced
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 can(s) whole tomatoes with juices, pureed
- 1 large russet potato pared and cut into 1/4 in pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) elbow pasta cook and add as you use soup
- 1 cup(s) zucchini diced
- 4 cup(s) water
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the onions, carrots, and leeks. Saute, stirring over low heat, until vegetable vein to wilt. Cover and cook, stirring occasional, until vegetable are very soft and beginning to turn golden, about 30 min.
- Add broth and water, pureed tomatoes, and potato. Simmer covered for 1 hr. or until vegetable have flavored the broth. Uncover and simmer 15 min.
- Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add grated cheese and macaroni when serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmvb1679 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Leek Vegetable Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews