I would have rated this higher if the potato was completely cooked, but it wasn't. The flavors were delicious, I loved the softness of the breadstick dough and the leeks (I'm a leek newbie). I believe we also used fontina instead of Gruyere, which may have compromised the taste too much. I will be making this again but par-boiling my potato to make sure it is soft and definitely using gruyere cheese.
Leek and Potato Tart with Gruyère
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 26.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough (such as Pillsbury)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium peeled baking potato, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unroll dough, separating into strips. Let rest 5 minutes. Working on a flat surface, coil one strip of dough around itself in a spiral pattern. Add second strip of dough to end of first strip, pinching ends together to seal; continue coiling dough. Repeat procedure with remaining dough strips. Let rest 5 minutes. Roll into a 13-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the leek, pepper, and potato; sauté 4 minutes. Spread leek mixture into prepared crust.
- Place the milk, egg substitute, cheeses, and mustard in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour milk mixture over leek mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Leek and Potato Tart with Gruyère Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch