Leek, Potato, & Gruyere Frittata
A mandolin will make it quick & easy to slice the potatoes thin enough for this recipe.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 6 oz. small red potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 leeks, white and light green portions, rinsed well and thinly sliced
- 5 eggs
- 3 Tbs. heavy cream
- 2 oz. Gruyre cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In the deep half of an 8-inch frittata pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbs. of the butter. Add the potatoes, salt and pepper, cover with the shallow pan and cook, flipping the potatoes occasionally, until tender and browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the deep half of a frittata pan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbs. of the butter. Add the leeks, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Stir in the cheese, parsley, potatoes, salt, pepper and all but 2 Tbs. of the leeks.
- In the deep half of the frittata pan over medium heat, melt 1/2 Tbs. of the butter. Add the egg mixture and cook until the eggs are just beginning to set, about 4 minutes, using a rubber spatula to gently lift the cooked edges and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
- Meanwhile, in the shallow half of the frittata pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 1/2 Tbs. butter. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the frittata into the shallow pan. Cook, covered, for 4 minutes. Remove the deep pan and cook until the eggs are completely set, 2 to 3 minutes more. Gently shake the pan to loosen the frittata and slide it onto a serving plate. Garnish with the reserved leeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by katie03 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note