Leek, Potato, and Fontina Tart
Photo: Karry Hosford
This meatless recipe is a fine choice for brunch or supper.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 430
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 14.4g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 799mg
- Calcium: 144mg
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chopped leek (about 4 large)
- 2 1/2 cups cubed peeled baking potato
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leek; sauté 7 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Place potato and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain. Place 1 tablespoon butter, potato mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, chives, and next 4 ingredients (chives through egg) in a large bowl; mash with a potato masher.
- Lightly coat a 10 1/2-inch round removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto a lightly floured surface; let rest 5 minutes. Pat dough into bottom and up sides of pan. Spread the potato mixture into dough. Spread leek over potato mixture, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This