Leek, Potato, and Caraway Latkes with Spiced Sour Cream
Aromatic caraway seeds, which add a nutty licorice flavor that's a little like that of fennel, may be omitted from the recipe, if you like. The spicy sour cream sauce cools and adds heat at the same time.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 105
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 94mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups shredded peeled baking potato (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped leek
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8-ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare latkes, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 7 ingredients (flour through egg white) in a large bowl; stir well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup batter for each of 4 pancakes into pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and batter.
- Place pancakes on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until crisp.
- To prepare sauce, combine cumin and remaining ingredients, and stir well. Serve sauce over latkes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Leek, Potato, and Caraway Latkes with Spiced Sour Cream Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables