Leek-Goat Cheese Tart
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 4 to 5 medium leeks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) crumbled goat cheese
- Unfold piecrust, and roll into a 12-inch circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Fold outer 2 inches of dough over, and crimp. Prick bottom of crust with a fork.
- Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove root, tough outer leaves, and tops from leeks, leaving 2 inches of dark leaves. Thinly slice leeks; rinse well, and drain.
- Sauté leeks in hot oil in a skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. (Do not brown.) Stir in cream, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in tarragon.
- Sprinkle 2 ounces (1/2 cup) goat cheese on bottom of crust; top with leek mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This