Leek and Broccoli Tartlets with Pancetta
Chopped broccoli rabe florets, leek, and pancetta fill miniature phyllo shells in this savory Leek and Broccoli Tartlets with Pancetta appetizer.
Yield: Makes 30 servings (serving size: 1 tartlet)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 37
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 52mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blanched broccoli rabe florets, squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pancetta, optional
- 30 prebaked miniature phyllo shells (two 15-ounce packages)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft (810 minutes). Remove from heat and set the mixture aside to cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- 3. Whisk together egg, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Once the onion mixture is cool, add to egg mixture. Divide broccoli rabe and, if using, pancetta among shells. Fill each shell about 3/4 full with custard mixture. Bake until the custard sets (1015 minutes). Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note