Leek and Broccoli Tartlets with Pancetta
Chopped broccoli rabe florets, leek, and pancetta fill miniature phyllo shells in this savory Leek and Broccoli Tartlets with Pancetta appetizer.
Yield: Makes 30 servings (serving size: 1 tartlet)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 37
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 52mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blanched broccoli rabe florets, squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pancetta, optional
- 30 prebaked miniature phyllo shells (two 15-ounce packages)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft (810 minutes). Remove from heat and set the mixture aside to cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- 3. Whisk together egg, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Once the onion mixture is cool, add to egg mixture. Divide broccoli rabe and, if using, pancetta among shells. Fill each shell about 3/4 full with custard mixture. Bake until the custard sets (1015 minutes). Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers