Leek and Smoked Gruyère Mini Quiches
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 1 Minute
Amount per serving
- Calories: 59
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 95mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1.5 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.4 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.4 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.3 ounces potato starch (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- Brown rice flour, for dusting
- Cooking spray
- 1 small leek
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces applewood-smoked Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare crust, weigh or lightly spoon flours and potato starch into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flours, potato starch, xanthan gum, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until blended. Add butter; process 30 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly add 1 tablespoon milk and 1 egg through food chute; process until dough forms a ball.
- 3. Divide dough into 24 equal portions, shaping each into a ball. Working with 1 portion at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), roll each portion into a 2 1/2-inch circle on a surface lightly dusted with brown rice flour. Gently press dough circles into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack.
- 4. To prepare filling, remove roots, outer leaves, and tops from leeks, leaving 2 inches of dark leaves. Cut leeks in half lengthwise; rinse with cold water. Cut each half crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices to measure 1/2 cup.
- 5. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add leek and thyme; sauté 8 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Cool.
- 6. Combine 1/2 cup milk and next 4 ingredients (through 2 eggs) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Divide leek mixture and cheese evenly among crusts; spoon egg mixture over leeks and cheese. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- 7. Place pans on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until egg is set and crusts are lightly browned on edges. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This