Lean Tofu Pad Thai
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) brown rice noodles
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted tomato paste
- 4 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 egg white whisked
- 2 cup(s) green cabbage chopped
- 1 cup(s) bean sprouts
- 2 green onions julienned
- 1 large carrot peeled and julienned
- 12 ounce(s) firm tofu
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted peanuts crushed
- lime wedges
- Cook brown rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, vinegar, honey, fish sauce, lime juice and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick pan or wok over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Mist with cooking spray. Add egg white and saute until cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove egg white from heat and dice into small pieces.
- In the same pan, misted again with cooking spray, saute cabbage, bean sprouts, onions and carrot over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add tofu and cook for another 2 minutes. Add cooked egg white and cilantro, sauteing for another 2 minutes. Then stir in tomato paste mixture. Add cooked noodles. Stir until completely combined and thoroughly heated, about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with peanuts before serving. Garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note