Lean Tofu Pad Thai
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) brown rice noodles
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted tomato paste
- 4 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 egg white whisked
- 2 cup(s) green cabbage chopped
- 1 cup(s) bean sprouts
- 2 green onions julienned
- 1 large carrot peeled and julienned
- 12 ounce(s) firm tofu
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted peanuts crushed
- lime wedges
- Cook brown rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, vinegar, honey, fish sauce, lime juice and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick pan or wok over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Mist with cooking spray. Add egg white and saute until cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove egg white from heat and dice into small pieces.
- In the same pan, misted again with cooking spray, saute cabbage, bean sprouts, onions and carrot over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add tofu and cook for another 2 minutes. Add cooked egg white and cilantro, sauteing for another 2 minutes. Then stir in tomato paste mixture. Add cooked noodles. Stir until completely combined and thoroughly heated, about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with peanuts before serving. Garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes