Le Gruyère Cheese Plate with Figs
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dried figs (about 16 figs)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Port wine or cherry juice (no sugar added)
- 4 slice(s) walnut or pecan raisin hearth bread (or another fruit and nut bread)
- 1 (3/4-pound) wedge Le GruyÃ¨re
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- Combine figs and Port in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat, cover and simmer until figs are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool, uncovered.
- Remove figs from wine with a slotted spoon and save wine for another use (try it over vanilla ice cream). Trim off and discard the stem ends and slice each fig in half. Cut each slice of bread into four pieces. Arrange figs, bread, Le Gruyère and pears on a cutting board or cheese plate and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note