Lasagna typically takes longer to put together than it does to cook. Precooked noodles and prepackaged convenience products, however, make this a zip to prepare.
Yield: 9 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 584mg
- Calcium: 181mg
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 (26-ounce) jar low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return meat to pan. Add sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses in a bowl; set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over meat mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup meat mixture, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining meat mixture over noodles. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note