Lazy Day Stew
From Andrew Streckfuss's wife.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) beef cubes
- 2 cup(s) carrots sliced
- 2 cup(s) potatoes diced
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) green beans
- 2 teaspoon(s) quick cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 8 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 brown sugar
- 1. Place raw beef cubes (do not brown) in a single layer in a 2.5 quart casserole or roast pan.
- 2. Add vegetables and/or any other you desire.
- 3. Sprinkle tapioca, salt, and pepper over top. Pour tomato sauce mixed with water over vegetables and seasonings.
- 4. Crumble brown sugar over all.
- 5. Cover tightly and do not peep! Bake at 325 for 3 hours.
- Variation: Stew may be made in a slow cooker.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TriciaChapman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note