I used fresh spinach, oregano, parsley, basil, tomatoes so it took a little more time but oh so worth it. Definately restaurant quality. I'm making it ahead a day this time so the flavors have time to come together. Even meat eaters would like this recipe.
Layered Vegetable Lasagna
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 31.7g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 617mg
- Calcium: 420mg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (12-ounce) carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 6 uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 5 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Combine spinach, cottage cheese, and egg substitute in a medium bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients; stir well. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. Remove tomato mixture from heat; set aside.
- 3. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon one-third of tomato mixture into baking dish. Arrange 3 uncooked noodles lengthwise in a single layer over tomato mixture; top with 1 1/4 cups spinach mixture. Layer 2 1/2 cups zucchini over spinach; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers; top with remaining tomato mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5. Remove lasagna from refrigerator; bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- carbo rating: 25
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles