Layered Tortilla Chicken Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cup(s) cooked chopped chicken
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 cup(s) chopped red pepper (substitute orange or yellow)
- 1 can(s) black beans
- 1 can(s) corn (14oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 3 cup(s) salsa
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) jalapeno montery jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a casserole dish large enough to fit tortillas. Heat olive oil in sautéing pan; sauté onion and red pepper for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Mix in chili powder, remove from heat, stir in black beans and corn.
- In a medium bowl, mix salsa and sour cream.
- Layer tortilla, salsa mixture, chicken, tortilla, vegetables, cheeses. Repeat 4 times, or until you reach the top of the casserole. *NOTE: Stop layering once you reach the top of your casserole dish and top with cheese*
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly and browning. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and cut into 12 pie shaped wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Layered Tortilla Chicken Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes