Layered Tex-Mex Lasagna
Vegan recipe by Mary McDougall, The McDougall Program. Referred to me by Kent Weathersby.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-8 oz can(s) tomato sauce
- 3 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) chile powder
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 4 cup(s) refried beans
- 1 cup(s) green onions
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn thawed
- 1-2 1/4 can(s) sliced black olives drained
- 10-12 piece(s) corn tortillas
- To make the sauce: Put all ingredients for the sauce into saucepan. Mix well with a whisk until well combined. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Taste and add more chile powder if desired. Set aside.
- To assemble the casserole. Preheat oven to 350F. Put beans, green onions, corn, olives and green chiles, into large bowl and mix gently until well combined.
- Spread 1.5 cups of sauce over the bottom of a oblong nonstick baking dish. Place 3 to 4 corn tortillas in the bottom of the dish. Spread half of the bean misture evenly over the tortillas. Place another 3 to 4 tortillas over the bean mixture, then spread the remaining bean mixture ov the top. Cover with 3 to 4 more tortillas, and the pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas. Cover the baking dish with parchment paper, then cover with aluminum foli, crimping the edges over the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Justaskjulie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Layered Tex-Mex Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles