Layered Southwest Cornbread-and-Turkey Salad
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 3 Hours
- 1 (6-ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle buttermilk-Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (9-ounce) package romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 1/2 cups chopped smoked turkey (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 (11-ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 celery ribs)
- 1 (8-ounce) package finely shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses with jalapeño peppers
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions; cool and crumble. Set aside.
- Stir together dressing and buttermilk until blended.
- Layer crumbled cornbread, shredded lettuce, and next 8 ingredients evenly into 6 (3- to 4-cup) glass containers; spoon half of dressing mixture evenly over tops. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours. Sprinkle with green onions just before serving. Serve with remaining half of dressing mixture on the side.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used 3-cup marquis-shaped canning jars with lid and screw ring. To find a retailer, visit www.leifheitusa.com, or call toll-free 1-866-695-3434.
- To make 1 large salad: Layer half each of crumbled cornbread, shredded lettuce, and next 8 ingredients in a large glass bowl; spoon half of dressing mixture evenly over top. Repeat layers, ending with dressing mixture. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Sprinkle top with green onions just before serving. Prep: 45 min., Chill: 8 hrs.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Gladiola Mexican style cornbread mix and Ken's Steak House Buttermilk Ranch dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads