I made this without the bacon and it was good. I put it in a triffle bowl and it was pretty and traveled well. It would be even better with the bacon, but I knew there were vegetarians to feed.
Layered Potato Salad
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 192
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 4 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 reduced-fat, reduced-sodium bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Boil 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool.
- Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients.
- Layer one-third each of potatoes, sour cream mixture, green onions, and parsley in a large glass bowl. Repeat layers twice, ending with parsley. Cover and chill 1 hour. Sprinkle with bacon just before serving.
- Note: Salad may be prepared a day in advance and chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Layered Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance