Layered Mint Fudge
Community Recipe from
- Layered Mint Fudge
- "I make this festive fudge year-round, but especially at Christmastime," writes Denise Hanson of Anoka, Minnesota. "I've brought it to many different occasions and am asked for the recipe every time. I've also entered it in our local fair and won the blue ribbon!"
- 81 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- •1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- •2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- •1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- •2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- •1 cup white baking chips
- •3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- •1 to 2 drops green food coloring
- •Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with butter and
- set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1 cup
- milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until smooth.
- Remove from the heat. Add vanilla; stir for 3-4 minutes or until
- creamy. Spread half of the mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate
- for 10 minutes or until firm. Set remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- •In a another heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips and remaining milk
- over low heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until smooth
- (mixture will be thick). Remove from the heat. Add peppermint
- extract and food coloring; stir for 3-4 minutes or until creamy.
- Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or
- until firm.
- •Heat reserved chocolate mixture over low heat until mixture achieves
- spreading consistency; spread over mint layer. Cover and refrigerate
- © Taste of Home 2012
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Layered Mint Fudge Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy
More Recipes for Main Dishes