Am I the only person that does not see "lima beans" in the recipe?
Layered Lima Bean Dip
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Bake: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 172
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Carbohydrate: 20.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 362mg
- Calcium: 184mg
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 (10-oz.) whole-wheat French bread baguette
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lima Bean Mash
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) freshly grated 1.5% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- Assorted vegetable slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with 1 coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl; spoon yogurt into strainer. Cover yogurt with plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut baguette into 1/4-inch slices, and place on a baking sheet. Lightly coat 1 side of bread with cooking spray, and sprinkle with pepper.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 4. Spoon yogurt into a bowl, discarding strained liquid. (Yogurt will be thick.) Stir in cucumber and salt.
- 5. Spread Lima Bean Mash on bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Spread yogurt mixture over Lima Bean Mash. Top with cheese, tomato, and bacon. Serve with toasted bread slices and assorted vegetable slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers