- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 (10-oz.) whole-wheat French bread baguette
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lima Bean Mash
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) freshly grated 1.5% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- Assorted vegetable slices
- calories 172
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 5.6 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 10.9 g
- carbohydrate 20.6 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 362 mg
- calcium 184 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with 1 coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl; spoon yogurt into strainer. Cover yogurt with plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
Meanwhile, cut baguette into 1/4-inch slices, and place on a baking sheet. Lightly coat 1 side of bread with cooking spray, and sprinkle with pepper.
Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
Spoon yogurt into a bowl, discarding strained liquid. (Yogurt will be thick.) Stir in cucumber and salt.
Spread Lima Bean Mash on bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Spread yogurt mixture over Lima Bean Mash. Top with cheese, tomato, and bacon. Serve with toasted bread slices and assorted vegetable slices.