Layered Heirloom Tomatoes with Feta and Chive Oil
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 red heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 3 slices
- 3 yellow heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 3 slices
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Process olive oil and chives in a blender until chives are pureed; set aside.
- Stir together shallots and next 3 ingredients. Pour over red and yellow tomato slices; toss gently. Set aside.
- Place cheese and milk in a large bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in onion.
- Place bottom slice of red or yellow tomato on a serving plate. Spread about 2 tablespoons of feta mixture over slice; drizzle with about a teaspoon reserved chive oil. Repeat with middle slice of tomato, feta mixture, and chive oil. Top with stem end of tomato. Repeat with remaining tomatoes, feta mixture, and chive oil. Drizzle tomatoes with remaining shallot marinade and chive oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Layered Heirloom Tomatoes with Feta and Chive Oil Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sandwiches