Layered Crabmeat Spread
For a lighter version, use 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, light mayonnaise, and 2% reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese.
Yield: Makes 12 to 15 appetizer servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) container lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add lemon juice and next 4 ingredients, beating until blended. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch serving dish. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes.
- Spread cocktail sauce evenly over cream cheese mixture. Top with crabmeat; sprinkle with cheese, green onions, bell pepper, and ripe olives. Serve spread with crackers and fresh vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note