Layered Crabmeat Spread
For a lighter version, use 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, light mayonnaise, and 2% reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese.
Yield: Makes 12 to 15 appetizer servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) container lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add lemon juice and next 4 ingredients, beating until blended. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch serving dish. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes.
- Spread cocktail sauce evenly over cream cheese mixture. Top with crabmeat; sprinkle with cheese, green onions, bell pepper, and ripe olives. Serve spread with crackers and fresh vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers