Layered Cornbread Salad
Make this crowd-pleaser up to one day ahead. Pair with grilled chicken for an easy and tasty weeknight meal.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 3 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (6-oz.) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 (10-oz.) package romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium-size red onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 celery ribs)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Prepare cornbread according to package directions; cool completely (about 25 minutes), and crumble. Stir together dressing, mayonnaise, buttermilk, and pepper until blended.
- 2. Layer shredded lettuce, crumbled cornbread, and next 6 ingredients in Mason jars or a 6-qt. bowl; spoon half of dressing mixture over top. Cover and chill 3 to 24 hours. Sprinkle with green onions just before serving. Serve with remaining half of dressing mixture on the side.
- Note: We tested with Martha White Buttermilk Cornbread Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note