This is wonderful! It travels great and was delicious! I made it the night before a girl's day trip and it was a huge hit!
Layered Cornbread-and-Turkey Salad
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 3 Hours
- 1 (6-ounce) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Parmesan-peppercorn dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (9-ounce) package romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 1/2 cups chopped smoked turkey (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 celery ribs)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions; cool and crumble. Set aside.
- Stir together dressing, mayonnaise, and buttermilk until blended.
- Layer crumbled cornbread, shredded lettuce, and next 7 ingredients evenly into 6 (3- to 4-cup) glass containers; spoon half of dressing mixture evenly over tops. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours. Sprinkle with green onions just before serving. Serve with remaining half of dressing mixture on the side.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Martha White Buttermilk Cornbread Mix and Girard's Parmesan-Peppercorn Dressing. We used 3-cup marquis-shaped canning jars with lid and screw ring. To find a retailer, visit www.leifheitusa.com, or call toll-free 1-866-695-3434.
- To make 1 large salad: Layer half each of crumbled cornbread, shredded lettuce, and next 7 ingredients in a large glass bowl; spoon half of dressing mixture evenly over top. Repeat layers ending with dressing mixture. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Sprinkle top with green onions just before serving. Prep: 45 min., Chill: 8 hrs.
- Layered Southwest Cornbread-and-Turkey Salad: Substitute 1 (6-ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix for 1 (6-ounce) package buttermilk cornbread mix; 1 (16-ounce) bottle buttermilk-Ranch dressing for Parmesan-peppercorn dressing; 1 (8-ounce) package finely shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses with jalapeño peppers for shredded Swiss cheese; and 1 (11-ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained, and 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained, for yellow bell peppers. Prepare recipe as directed, omitting mayonnaise.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Gladiola Mexican style cornbread mix and Ken's Steak House Buttermilk Ranch dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads