Layered Cobb Salad
Cut prep time for this favorite with precooked chicken from your supermarket's meat department or salad bar. Prep: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 servings (Serving size: about 2 3/4 cups salad)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 646mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs
- 10 cup shredded red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 chopped seeded peeled cucumbers
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon crumbles (in the salad-dressing aisle)
- 2/3 cup prepared reduced-fat vinaigrette
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1. Remove shells from eggs and dice 2 of the eggs. Discard yolks from remaining 2 eggs and chop the whites; set aside.
- 2. In a large glass bowl, layer ingredients, beginning with lettuce, then chicken and next 5 ingredients (through bacon).
- 3. Drizzle dressing over salad, and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note