Layered Caviar Mold
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans chicken broth, undiluted and divided
- 1 (2-ounce) jar red caviar, rinsed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) jar black caviar, rinsed
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup broth; set aside. Place remaining broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and add softened gelatin mixture. Cool. Chill until mixture reaches the consistency of unbeaten egg whites. Divide broth mixture into thirds.
- Fold red caviar gently into one third, and spoon into a lightly oiled 4-cup mold. Gently fold chopped eggs into one third, and lightly spoon over red caviar mixture. Repeat procedure with black caviar and remaining broth mixture; spoon into mold. Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto lettuce-lined platter, if desired, and serve with assorted crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables