- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans chicken broth, undiluted and divided
- 1 (2-ounce) jar red caviar, rinsed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) jar black caviar, rinsed
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
How to Make It
Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup broth; set aside. Place remaining broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and add softened gelatin mixture. Cool. Chill until mixture reaches the consistency of unbeaten egg whites. Divide broth mixture into thirds.
Fold red caviar gently into one third, and spoon into a lightly oiled 4-cup mold. Gently fold chopped eggs into one third, and lightly spoon over red caviar mixture. Repeat procedure with black caviar and remaining broth mixture; spoon into mold. Chill until firm.
Unmold onto lettuce-lined platter, if desired, and serve with assorted crackers.