Layered California Style BLT Salad
Community Recipe from
- head(s) lettuce
- Layered California-Style BLT Salad
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep 35 mins
- Chill 8 hrs
- Bake 300°F 20 mins
- 2 12 ounce packages applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 Recipe Garlicky Focaccia Croutons
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 6 medium red and/or yellow heirloom tomatoes, cored, quartered, and sliced 1/2 inch thick (3 cups)
- 1 Recipe Dilled Avocado Dressing
- 1. In a very large skillet cook bacon in batches over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; when cool, coarsely crumble or chop bacon. Set aside.
- 2. In the bottom of a 3- to 4-quart glass bowl, arrange half of the Garlicky Focaccia Croutons. Top with half of the romaine and half of the spinach. Top with half of the tomato slices and half of the bacon. Spread half of the Dilled Avocado Dressing over the bacon, sealing dressing to the edge of the bowl. Repeat layers, ending with the dressing. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for up to 8 hours.
- from the test kitchen
- Lighten Up:
- For a lighter recipe, use reduced-fat versions of the mayonnaise, sour cream, and milk in the dressing.
- Show Off:
- Before serving, peel, halve, and pit two avocados. Cut each half into 4 to 6 wedges and place on top of salad. If desired, brush avocados with lemon juice to keep them brightly colored.
- Dilled Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. In a blender or food processor combine the avocado, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, fresh dill, milk, garlic salt, and ground black pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- nutrition facts (Layered California-Style BLT Salad)
- Servings Per Recipe 12, cal. (kcal) 465, Fat, total (g) 44, chol. (mg) 47, sat. fat (g) 12, carb. (g) 11, Monosaturated fat (g) 17, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 8, fiber (g) 4, sugar (g) 3, pro. (g) 9, vit. A (IU) 2867, vit. C (mg) 19, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 89, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sodium (mg) 614, Potassium (mg) 591, calcium (mg) 61, iron (mg) 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Meghanlee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Layered California Style BLT Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads