Layered Butternut squash lasagna
a great tasting option to the usual lasagna. Tip: To prepare squash, cut off ends then remove the skin. Cut squash in half crosswise, Only one half will have seeds. Use a mandolin to slice the seedless half. remove the seeds from the remaining half and slice with the mandolin.
Let Stand: 20 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 container(s) 15 oz. fat- free ricotta cheese, divided
- 1 can(s) 28 oz. crushed tomatoes, drained and divided
- 1 package(s) 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 butternut squash, cut into 1/8 " slices
- 2 eggs
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 cup(s) grated parmesean cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) italian seasoning
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 package(s) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- preheat oven to 350.
- heat olive oil in large skillet over medium- high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook 5 - 7 minutes . Add garlic; cook an additional 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium-low, add all but 1/2 cup tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir together ricotta cheese, parmesean, italian seasoning, eggs, and 1/2 cup Mozzerella cheese.
- place remaining tomatoes in a greased 9 x 13 " baking pan. Layer 1/2 of the squash slices on top of the tomatoes. Spread ricotta mixture over squash evenly with the back of the spoon. Sprinkle 1/ 2 cup Mozzarella over Ricotta Mixture.
- Repeat the squash and cheese layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender. Let stand 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by my1love2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note