I used my own favorite brownie recipe, but the toppings from this recipe. Everyone that tried them thought they were great. It was good straight from the refrigerator, when the topping is firm, and also after they got room temperature and the topping softened. My husband said he may never be able to eat a plain brownie again...:)
Yield: Makes 48 1-inch squares
- 4 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla Cream Topping
- Brownie Glaze
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a 2-quart glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice. Add sugar and eggs, stirring until blended. Stir in flour and chopped pecans. Pour into a lightly greased, aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 23 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Spread cooled brownies with Vanilla Cream Topping; chill 45 minutes. Pour Brownie Glaze over Vanilla Cream Topping, and spread evenly. Chill 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes; cut into 1-inch squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note