Layered Bean Dip
Organic refried beans often have half the sodium of conventional beans but can have a drier texture. We added a little lime juice to smooth out the beans and enhance the flavor. Serve with store-bought baked tortilla chips or Baked Whole-Wheat Tortilla Chips.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 102
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 325mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16-ounce) can organic refried beans
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup organic bottled salsa
- 2/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread bean mixture evenly into an 11 x 7inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread salsa evenly over beans.
- 3. Combine corn, green onions, and olives; spoon corn mixture evenly over salsa. Sprinkle cheese over corn mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Top with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Young Chefs can:
- Help spread salsa over beans
- Sprinkle cheese over corn mixture
- Older Chefs can:
- Spread bean mixture in baking dish
- Stir together corn, green onions, and olives
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note