We have been making this for Superbowl practically every year since it was first published. And now that I have kids we're making even more often. EVERYONE loves it!
Layered Bean Dip
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 107
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 497mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine beans; spread in an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread sour cream over beans; top with salsa and cheese. Cover; bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Note: To make pita chips, cut 5 (6-inch) onion-flavored or regular pitas into 8 wedges each. Arrange on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tops of wedges with cooking spray, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 375º for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Layered Bean Dip Recipe at a Glance