Layered Asparagus Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) fresh asparagus cut into 1-1/2" lengths
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup(s) fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1/3 cup(s) cashews
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) coarsely shredded mild or medium-sharp cheddar
- 1. Place asparagus and water in casserole. Microwave covered at High until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. Microwave 1 Tbsp butter in small bowl, uncovered, at High until melted (10+ sec.). Add bread crumbs and paprika; stir and toss with fork until crumbs are evenly moistened. Stir in cashews.
- 3. Microwave remaining 2 Tbsp butter in a 4-cup measure, uncovered, at High power until melted. Add flour, celery salt, mustard, garlic powder and pepper; stir until smooth. Add milk and stir until smooth.
- 4. Microwave milk mixture, uncovered, at High power until sauce is thickened and bubbly; stir sauce after each minute during cooking.
- 5. Place half of the asparagus in bottom of a 1-1/2 qt casserole, pour half of the sauce over it, sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining asparagus, sauce and cheese.
- 6. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over top of casserole.
- Microwave, uncovered, at High until hot and bubbly (~3 minutes). OR
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by anniea0311 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note