Layered Asparagus Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) fresh asparagus cut into 1-1/2" lengths
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup(s) fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1/3 cup(s) cashews
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) coarsely shredded mild or medium-sharp cheddar
- 1. Place asparagus and water in casserole. Microwave covered at High until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. Microwave 1 Tbsp butter in small bowl, uncovered, at High until melted (10+ sec.). Add bread crumbs and paprika; stir and toss with fork until crumbs are evenly moistened. Stir in cashews.
- 3. Microwave remaining 2 Tbsp butter in a 4-cup measure, uncovered, at High power until melted. Add flour, celery salt, mustard, garlic powder and pepper; stir until smooth. Add milk and stir until smooth.
- 4. Microwave milk mixture, uncovered, at High power until sauce is thickened and bubbly; stir sauce after each minute during cooking.
- 5. Place half of the asparagus in bottom of a 1-1/2 qt casserole, pour half of the sauce over it, sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining asparagus, sauce and cheese.
- 6. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over top of casserole.
- Microwave, uncovered, at High until hot and bubbly (~3 minutes). OR
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by anniea0311 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes