Layered Apricot Bars
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried apricots
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Bring apricots and water to cover to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and coarsely chop apricots; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating well. Stir in 1 cup flour, and press mixture into a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Beat eggs at medium speed until thick and pale; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add remaining 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, and salt, beating well. Stir in chopped apricot, walnuts, and vanilla; spread mixture evenly over crust.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. Cut into bars; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Prep: 25 min.; Bake: 1 hr., 5 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note