This is absolutely fabulous. Rich and decadent. Yum!!!
Layered Almond-Cream Cheese Bread Pudding with Amaretto Cream Sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf white bread, sliced and divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 9 large eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1/4 cups almond filling
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons almond filling
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Amaretto Cream Sauce
- Coat a 13- x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Arrange 4 1/2 bread slices in bottom of prepared pan, cutting slices as necessary to fit pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over bread.
- Whisk together 1 1/4 cups almond filling and 1/2 cup melted butter. Spread half of almond mixture over cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers once, using 4 1/2 bread slices, remaining cream cheese mixture, and remaining almond mixture.
- Cut remaining bread slices into 1-inch cubes, sprinkle evenly over almond mixture.
- Whisk together remaining 8 eggs, remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla, half-and-half, and salt; pour over bread cubes. Cover and chill 30 minutes or until most of egg mixture is absorbed.
- Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons almond filling, 2 tablespoons sugar, and egg yolk until blended. Drizzle evenly over bread pudding; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until set. Serve warm or chilled with Amaretto Cream Sauce.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Solo Almond Filling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This