Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Karen Shinto
Prep and Cook Time: 1 1/4 hours. Notes: Culinary lavender is available at specialty food stores.
Yield: Makes 6 scones
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 415mg
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried culinary lavender (see Notes)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tbsp.) butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring milk and lavender to a simmer. Transfer to a small bowl and let steep 15 minutes, then cover and chill for about 45 minutes. Strain milk and set aside; discard lavender.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. In a food processor, whirl flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter and lemon zest and pulse to form a coarse meal. Add lavender-infused milk and pulse to form a shaggy dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 3 to 5 times.
- 3. Form dough into a 6-in. circle. Cut into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges 2 in. apart on a baking sheet and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This