Lavender-Scented Summer Fruit Salad
Dried lavender is easy to find in the spice section of the supermarket. If you prefer, you can substitute 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves for the lavender.
More From Health
- Calories: 119
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 37mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried lavender
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 peach, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 nectarine, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 large plum, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon small whole mint leaves
- 1. Combine honey, 1/3 cup water, lavender, pepper, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until honey has dissolved. Remove from heat, and cover; let steep 10–15 minutes or until room temperature. Strain into a serving bowl; discard lavender and stir in lime juice.
- 2. Add peach, nectarine, and plum slices to honey mixture, and toss well. Add berries and mint, and toss gently to combine. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. Serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes