Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) matzo meal (optional)
- 4 medium scallions, white and green parts minced
- 1 Medium yellow onion
- 3 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil for frying
- 2 pound(s) Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes
- Grate potatoes in food processor with coarse shredding blade. Place half the potatoes in sieve over bowl and reserve. Fit steel blade in processor, add onions and pulse with remaining potatoes until all pieces approx 1/8" and look coarsely chopped, 5-6 one sec pulses. Mix with reserved potato shreds in sieve and press against sieve to drain as much liquid into bowl. Let liquid stand until starch settles to bottom (about 1 min)
- Pour off liquid leaving starch in bowl. Beat egg then potato mixture and remaining ingred (except oil) into starch.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kriseman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Latkes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes