PERFECT! No substitutions needed.
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Leslie Siegel
You can assemble and chill this up to two days ahead to bake before serving. Simply add 20 to 30 minutes to the baking time.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 48 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 (24-oz.) jars tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (15-oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (16-oz.) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking sausage into pieces while cooking. Drain; return sausage to Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in pasta sauce, cilantro, and chiles; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir together ricotta cheese, whipping cream, and eggs until smooth.
- 3. Spoon 1 cup sauce mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, one-third of shredded Mexican cheese blend, and one-third of remaining sauce mixture. Repeat layers once, beginning with noodles. Top with remaining 4 noodles, sauce mixture, and shredded cheese blend. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note