- 1 1/2 pounds fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 (24-oz.) jars tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (15-oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (16-oz.) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking sausage into pieces while cooking. Drain; return sausage to Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in pasta sauce, cilantro, and chiles; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
Stir together ricotta cheese, whipping cream, and eggs until smooth.
Spoon 1 cup sauce mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, one-third of shredded Mexican cheese blend, and one-third of remaining sauce mixture. Repeat layers once, beginning with noodles. Top with remaining 4 noodles, sauce mixture, and shredded cheese blend. Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.