Photo: Melina Hammer; Styling: Buffy Hargett
This frothy cocktail was adapted from the new book Pickles, Pigs & Whiskey by chef John Currence.
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 4 1/2 teaspoons gin
- 4 1/2 teaspoons green Chartreuse
- 4 1/2 teaspoons maraschino liqueur (such as Luxardo Originale 32°)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 pasteurized egg white
- Crushed ice
- Club soda, chilled
- 2 lime peel strips
- Combine gin, green Chartreuse, maraschino liqueur, fresh lime juice, powdered sugar, and egg white in a cocktail shaker. Cover with lid, and shake vigorously until frothy (about 20 seconds). Remove lid, and fill shaker with crushed ice. Cover with lid, and shake vigorously until chilled (about 15 seconds). Strain into 2 (10-oz.) stemmed glasses, and top each with a splash of chilled club soda. Twist a lime peel strip over each drink, and rub around rim of each glass; garnish with lime peel strip.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note